Happy Anniversary Firefly!! September 20, 2013Posted by Alichat in Humor, Random, TV.
Tags: Adam Baldwin, Alan Tudyk, Firefly, Gina Torres, Jewel Staite, Joss Whedon, Morena Baccarin, Nathan Fillion, Ron Glass, Sean Maher, Serenity, Summer Glau
add a comment
Just a quick note that today is the 11th anniversary of the airing of the first episode of Firefly. Thank you Joss Whedon for giving us this band of lovable space travelers. (Curse you FOX for cancelling it too soon!!) I won’t go on and on waxing poetic about this fabulous show. (You’re welcome haters!) But if you haven’t seen this show, it’s worth becoming a couch potato for a day to binge watch all 14 episodes and the concluding feature film, Serenity. If you love Nathan Fillion, Gina Torres, Alan Tudyk, Morena Baccarin, Ron Glass, Summer Glau, Adam Baldwin, Jewel Staite, Sean Maher, or Joss Whedon, it is a necessity as a true fan that you know this show! And have an impressive ability to throw a quote from the show or film into everyday conversation, including a curse or two in Mandarin.
I have attached a You Tube video, made by user jblottingink, of the 50 best quotes from Firefly and Serenity. The 37th quote, at the 3:00 mark, is my favorite.
Happy Firefly Day!!! November 11, 2012Posted by Alichat in Humor, Random, TV.
Tags: 10th Anniversary, Adam Baldwin, Alan Tudyk, Firefly, Fringe, Gina Torres, Jewel Staite, Joss Whedon, Morena Baccarin, Nathan Fillion, Ron Glass, Science Channel, Sean Maher, Summer Glau
add a comment
As some of you know, I am a big Firefly fan. The show cancelled too soon, yet has still kept flying in the minds and hearts of fans. A show with such ardent fans (known as Browncoats) that Universal Pictures green lit a movie version, Serenity, giving Joss Whedon his feature film debut and fans a few more hours of time with their favorite family of space cowboys. A show where they cursed in Mandarin, and that family consisted of two war veterans, one career criminal, an ace pilot, a brilliant and wide-eyed mechanic, a companion, a preacher, a doctor, and his genius sister who had been experimented on by the government. And you think your family screams dysfunctional! A show which kicked off the careers of Nathan Fillion, Gina Torres, Morena Baccarin, Alan Tudyk, Summer Glau, Adam Baldwin, Jewel Staite, Sean Maher, and reignited our affection for Ron Glass. As you saw from The Avengers, one of Whedon’s greatest abilities is to showcase, through strong storytelling, a cast of varied individuals wrapped in fun and witty dialogue. But he is also expert at casting talent. Throw a stone at 80% of the television shows today, and you will find either an actor or actress or writer from a Whedon show. In the remaining 20% you will find someone with a connection to a Whedon cast member. It’s the new Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon……the Six Degrees of Whedon.
In honor of its 10th Anniversary, the Science Channel has been running a Firefly marathon today ending with an hour long special, Firefly 10th Anniversary: Browncoats Unite. It’s comprised of interviews with the cast, (more…)
Yes Sir Cap’t Tightpants! September 21, 2012Posted by Alichat in Humor, Life, Random, TV.
Tags: Adam Baldwin, Alan Tudyk, Equality Now, Firefly, Gina Torres, Jewel Staite, Joss Whedon, Morena Baccarin, Nathan Fillion, Ron Glass, Sean Maher, Serenity, Summer Glau
add a comment
I would be remiss if I didn’t do a small, but loving post about one of my favorite television shows which premiered 10 years ago today. (Well it was today when I started this post….on Thursday Sept 20th.) Yes, ladies and gents, Captain Tightpants was introduced to the world on this date in 2002! Who is Captain Tightpants? Captain Mal Reynolds of the ship Serenity on one of the best shows on television…….Firefly. Yes Castle lovers, he was our Captain before he was your Castle.
Firefly is the Emmy winning, third show created by mastermind Joss Whedon. Why yes Avengers fans, Mr Whedon created kick ass TV shows too! It is a space western which followed nine characters: the five man crew (Mal Reynolds – Nathan Fillion, Zoe Washburne – Gina Torres, Hoban ‘Wash’ Washburne – Alan Tudyk, Kaylee Frye – Jewel Staite, and Jayne Cobb – Adam Baldwin) of the Firefly class ship, Serenity; their three passengers (Shepherd Book – Ron Glass, Dr Simon Tam – Sean Maher, and River Tam – Summer Glau), and one renter, a companion named Inara Serra (Morena Baccarin,) as they travel through space taking odd, sometimes illegal, jobs and try to stay one step ahead of the Alliance…..and Reavers. Set about 500 years from now, in a world were Earth is decimated, and we’ve (more…)